Tuesday, September 04, 2007

I am confused. I am sad. I am frustrated. I want to move to Colorado to be closer to my family. Easier said than done. The house that we live in is too big, too expensive. I don't feel safe here. I feel too vulnerable and exposed in this small town. I want newness, bigger, different. I want to live somewhere where there are more opportunities, more infrastructure for families, a closer college for educational pursuits. I want to live close to Jack, John, my mom and Jacque! I have great friends here, marvelous wonderful beautiful friends here. That's not it. It's just that I have the 7 year itch. We moved here August 2000. I arrived a girl with two young children. I'm a woman now, battle-tested and ready to spread my wings.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Funny Face said...

I'm all about spreading the wings! More power to you. I too felt the "itch" to move on from Port Townsend. I moved with my family 2 years ago and it has been an exciting and sometimes nerve-racked journey; but I'm proud we accepted the challenge that a big change requires.

Your Friend Forever, Rachel

10:09 AM  
Blogger It's just Me said...

Nobody should live a life sad and frustrated. When you feel the need for change you have to take action on it. Only you know your path.

11:23 AM  
Blogger Amazing Karen said...

Be strong and know that your family loves you and supports you in whatever you decide to do. You are one of a kind and so very unique.

Love,

Mom

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home