Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Last week my mom wrote an e-mail to all the brothers and sisters telling us that Jeanie was 'missing,' that Christine had received a frantic phone call from Jeanie's boyfriend indicating that they had had a fight, now he couldn't find Jeanie. Calls to her cell phone went unanswered. The various siblings were talking to each other, trying to figure out what to do. My mom said everyone should 'pray' for Jeanie. I told her I thought that was the lazy way out - I preferred action over sitting back, doing nothing, and hoping for the best - putting one's fate into the imaginary hands of some fairy-tale character.

Christine did what she could, being the closest to Jeanie - but what happened was Jeanie had checked into a hotel to 'think about things.' However it seemed like she was doing something much more drastic to her boyfriend, Chris.

I've been in contact with Jeanie and it's good to talk to her. We had a pretty dysfunctional childhood and it's interesting to see the ways that everyone has figured out how to cope. I'm glad Jeanie is ok and I know I have to be in better touch with her - to be there for her as she's in counseling and dealing with her 'stuff.'

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home