Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Wren and Zayne

I can't believe how grown-up and busy and smart my beautiful kids are! They both are in OPEPO - a multi-aged, inquiry based classroom. Zayne is 8 in 3rd grade, Wren is in 4th grade and turns 10 next month. For the most part they get alone, but uggg, when they fight it gets on my nerves and makes me so frustrated!

Wren is my sweet boy, always telling me he loves me and giving me hugs and kisses and quick to tell me 'Sorry, mom,' when he makes a mistake or when I remind him to do something. He's the center on his football team, which daddy coaches. He has taken leadership roles in his class - as a clean-up monitor, and supervisor in his reading group. He of course loves to play video games with his friends and is an easygoing, laid-back guy.

Zayne is pretty sassy! She likes getting dressed up, is taking piano lessons, and is a great reader. I'm worried because we are already getting into head-butting contests. She definitely is not afraid to talk back and can be determined and headstrong! At the same time, she is so sweet with younger kids and she loves to line up her babies and stuffed animals on the couch or beside her in bed. I am reminded - she is 8 years old, still my little girl who asks to sleep with me every night.

I've been away the past few weekends and it makes me realize how much I love them, how much I miss them when I'm gone, and how lucky I am to be their mom!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home